[lbo-talk] Occupying Wall Street

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 05:08:30 PDT 2011

On 9/24/2011 10:27 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> the decision someone made to turn the cops loose on the protesters.
> That will go far towards providing follow-ups to this weeks protests
> with a more precise "goal": The Occupation is now a struggle for Free
> Speech, a protest against the ongoing attack on democracy in the U.S.
> over the last 40 years. That links the Wall Street Protesters to other
> actions around the nation.

Don't know about that, but it does offer an opportunity for vivid agitation around the theme: Who runs the city, Wall Street or us? In other words, all the apolitical or semi-political people who are angry at the idea that Wall Street seems to run the country, but wouldn't normally join a demo like this, can now demonstrate that feeling by joining the protest - if only to make the statement, "I don't accept that Wall Street should run the city."

SA