[lbo-talk] LBO-Talk's Message to the Masses

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:05:37 PDT 2011

As far as French theory and the semiotics of the Wall Street Oc. , the choice of location of the performance bespeaks a relatively advanced theory. The demonstrators are confronting the finance capital ruling class, semiotically. Wall Street represents, is the signifier for, the most powerful institution in our political economy. That's a more advanced theory than those who demonstrate in Washington. A new Working Class Party has been founded by the occupiers of Wall Street.

Charles

>I think SA is referencing the demand nothing documents from the
>California occupations, which is a fairly accurate description of
>them, although one should probably substitute 'Semiotexte' with
>'Society of the Spectacle', lots of situationist obsession in that
>crowd. robert wood

Oh. Okay. Or maybe even "French Theory"?

^^^^ CB: Yes, and,, ahhhaa.. "French theory" replaces Marxism's use of science as its meta-theory of politics with literary criticism as a meta-theory of politics. Thus, everything is a text, Marxism is a grand narrative, and all that jazz. LBO-talk has a lot of lit critters, too