[lbo-talk] Chomsky's losing it

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:46:06 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:36 PM, James Heartfield < Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

If ‘opposing the broad, consensual goals of an ethnically oppressed group’
> is racism, then presumably only racists in Europe and America would have
> been against Zionism after the 2WW. Demanding we bow down before the moral
> claims of the victims has been the bread and butter of Zionism for decades.

Zing! A good and entirely valid point. I nearly inserted "just" into my earlier formulation, but refrained out of fear that someone might challenge me to define it.

But yes, there's a clear distinction to be drawn between a demand to live in equality on one's own land, and a demand to racial supremacy on somebody else's.

Sorry for breaching quota, Doug. I might more to say in response to others tomorrow (which could mean after midnight by Hamas time, in three hours, depending on how opinionated I feel). Thanks to James and others for their valued efforts to refine my thoughts.