[lbo-talk] Noam Chomsky is losing it

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Sep 28 12:55:12 PDT 2011

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I've forwarded this to Adolph for his own comments. But on the face of
> it: stop and frisk sucks. They should stop doing it. What does
> underscoring the racial disparity add to the point?

I think you're right. That's kind of an illuminating.response. It's a cleaner, simpler and more radical demand: don't do it to anyone.

And maybe that's exactly why Adolph can make this claim universally. Because wherever someone demands "Stop differential treatment" the better form will always be "Stop the bad treatment period. For everyone."

You should pass this on as well, to save him the effort of writing, and me the indignity of suffering, what I'm sure will be an excoriating response
:-)

Michael