[lbo-talk] Noam Chomsky is losing it

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Sep 28 14:16:11 PDT 2011

On Sep 28, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Wojtek S wrote:
> ....making Dems more responsive to the
> demands from the left. I would thus like to hear more how exactly to
> achieve this strategic objective...

Exactly, and simply--those Dem politicians whose sole aim is to be elected (as opposed to ideologically committed or bought-and-paid-for neoliberals like Obama and the Clintons) will respond only to coercion, only to a credible threat of electoral defeat. They will *never* respond to radical demands until they know with absolute certainty that not doing so will produce a populist labor-backed candidate to split their votes and either beat them directly or allow a Repug to do so. The only way to achieve the radical left's strategic objective is what Lenin, Trotsky, and Luxemburg called "revolutionary defeatism": unrelenting opposition to our rulers (presently, the Dimbos) whether or not it would lead to their defeat at the hands of their frenemies (presently the Repugnos).

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying attention to"