[lbo-talk] My visit to the Wall Street occupiers

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Sep 28 14:28:11 PDT 2011

On Sep 28, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:51:23 -0500
> Barry Brooks <durable at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Rebels without a plan will tear things up without
>> any hope of making things better.
>
> But what other kind of rebels are there? Did the
> sansculottes who stormed the Bastille have a
> plan, in any useful sense of that word?

Who knows? But the very well-cullotted circle around Philippe D'Orleans (soon to be {Philippe Égalité) at the Palais Royale who organized the plot had some very definite plans, starting with destruction of the fortress that was indispensable to his cousin's plan for a military occupation of Paris.

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying attention to"