[lbo-talk] Noam Chomsky is losing it

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Sep 29 11:27:43 PDT 2011

On Sep 29, 2011, at 4:55 AM, Julio Huato wrote:
> <snip happens>
>
> But the concrete decision -- the where, when, and how -- for Blacks to
> go beyond the specific needs of their race is something that will be
> determined by Blacks, not even by Black radical intellectuals (as
> important as their role may be), but by the bulk of the race in
> political motion.

Give it up, Julio. You cannot win this one with arguments. It is the faith in a foundationalist article! (*)

—ravi

(*) I kid… Doug is actually a great person to argue with. (**)

(**) But, if I dare say, this, and the Occupy Wall St thread, do remind me of something that JKS once wrote about (to which the only reference that I can find is me referring to it! http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2007/2007-September/017874.html) Doug’s style and taste. It is IMHO a small pity that Doug’s taste tends to those making overarching careless proclamations (recently: Reed, Jodi Dean) rather than the meticulous, tightly reasoned and clear style of a … Doug Henwood!

But that assumes of course that I am right and Reed, Dean (in separate matters) are wrong. And I have hardly shown that. Perhaps I am more Reed/Dean than Henwood. :-)