[lbo-talk] Noam Chomsky is losing it

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 08:53:52 PDT 2011

Doug Henwood

On Sep 28, 2011, at 2:38 PM, Eric Beck wrote:

> I've read this three times before reading it again just now, and each
> time I've been frustrated at how he manages to start to approach
> what's at stake in these arguments but manages to miss it. Namely, he
> moves from the racial to the economic, but never combines them

Because, and after this I give up, it gets you nowhere. Criminalize less behavior and jail fewer people. Institute single-payer and make unemployment benefits more generous. Punish and fire brutal cops. Etc. These measures would benefit most people, blacks proportionately more than whites, but don't require specifically racial analyses or remedies. Fighting for them would unite all kinds of people too.

Doug

^^^^^^^ CB: I won't give up trying to "explain" this to you and Reed. Fight for those AND against the white supremacy of the Tea Party, of the Reaganite/Tea Party white supremacist based central ideological tenet opposition to Big Government and Tax and Spend Liberals and Democrats, which is racist code language for vote against Negro-loving white politicians ( and of course against Liberal Black politicians); this specific line is used to attack the _whole_ working class once the Tea Party or Reaganite gets in (based on the pandering to racist sentiments against the stereotypical Black welfare queen) as currently

in Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio Have to do both, _not_ just what you propose. Make ten criticisms of Tea Party. You can't get done what you propose without first getting the Reaganite/Tea Party white supremacist electrodes and codes out of the heads of tens of millions of white workers, uniting the working class.