[lbo-talk] Did Ron Paul really say this ?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 08:57:21 PDT 2011

Doug Henwood

-clip-

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/goldwater-the-john-birch-society-and-me/ "Goldwater would seek out an opportunity to dissociate himself from the “findings” of the Society’s leader, without, however, casting any aspersions on the Society itself. I, in National Review and in my other writing, would continue to expose Welch and his thinking to scorn and derision. “You know how to do that,” said Jay Hall.

I volunteered to go further. Unless Welch himself disowned his operative fallacy,National Review would oppose any support for the society. "

^^^^^

CB: Welch owned a company that made Welch's fudge. It was good, but my mother used to have mixed feelings about buying it for me because of Welch's ownership.