[lbo-talk] yakking about the right

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 3 23:58:20 PDT 2012

On 4/3/2012 9:22 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> The Reps are very conservative, with no centrists or
>> liberals, and the Dems vary from centrist to liberal, and almost no
>> conservatives.
>
> Clearly the last statement is not true; cf. the notorious Blue Dogs.

How notorious are they really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dog_Coalition

[The Blue Dog Coalition) was formed in 1995 during the 104th Congress to give more conservative members from the Democratic party a unified voice after the Democrats' loss of Congress in the U.S. Congressional election of 1994. Blue Dog Coalition membership for the 112th Congress is 26 seats, down from 54 seats in the 111th Congress.

> They would. And 'sorting' better than 'bifurcation', I'd
> say.

You use "I'd say" often. At least twice today. I'd say that means you're largely running on your own steam.