[lbo-talk] yakking about the right

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Apr 4 07:28:05 PDT 2012

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 23:58:20 -0700 Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > Clearly the last statement is not true; cf. the notorious Blue Dogs.
>
> How notorious are they really?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dog_Coalition

Don't understand what their numbers have to do with their notoriety.

> You use "I'd say" often. At least twice today. I'd say that means
> you're largely running on your own steam.

No good deed goes unpunished. I'd say "I'd say" is an expression of modesty, but behold my placatory gesture cruelly flung back in my face. Tough crowd here.

You're welcome to read the material yourself. If you reach a different conclusion from mine, tell us about it. The second of Doug's links -- to the PDF -- has some interesting material, actually, after a slow start, though it doesn't establish the point some of us would like it to.

I'd say. But your mileage may vary. If so it would be fun to delve into the details -- more fun, anyway, than exchanging jejune personal reflections.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org