[lbo-talk] yakking about the right

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 4 07:36:44 PDT 2012

On Apr 4, 2012, at 10:28 AM, Michael Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 23:58:20 -0700
> Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>> Clearly the last statement is not true; cf. the notorious Blue Dogs.
>>
>> How notorious are they really?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dog_Coalition
>
> Don't understand what their numbers have to do
> with their notoriety.

If voting records don't matter, why should the number of members of a caucus matter either?

The House Progressive Caucus has 75 members, three times as many as the Blue Dogs. The Tea Party caucus has 62. But who's counting?

I don't see why you can't believe that Democrats suck while acknowledging that they suck in different ways from Reps.

Doug