[lbo-talk] death of a discussion list

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Apr 22 04:58:09 PDT 2012

lord no. it took someone about a day to write that - if even that. a lot of this stuff is point-click-drool javascript libraries where you just tweak stuff already built by the jQuery Dewds.

aside from which it was freely distributed with the hope that developers who borrowed it would make a donation. here's from the comments section of the javascript file powering the feature you like:

-> This code is distributed on condition that all developers using it recognise the effort that

-> went into producing it, by making a PayPal gratuity OF THEIR CHOICE to the authors within 14

-> days. This will ensure the incentive to provide support and the continued authoring of new

-> scripts.

-> If you think people should work for nothing and you cannot agree to abide promptly by this

-> condition, we recommend that you decline the script. We'll understand.

-> Gratuities cannot be accepted via any source other than PayPal.

-> Please use the [Donate] button at www.scripterlative.com, stating the URL that uses the code.