[lbo-talk] Philadelphia School District announces its dissolution

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Apr 26 10:16:16 PDT 2012

On Apr 26, 2012, at 12:48 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> You hear the same thing in the real world all the time.

True, my 7 year old says that sort of thing about public school too, but really they (7 year olds) are anarchists only in the throwing shit around sense. :-)

Seriously though, I know lots of people who call themselves anarchists, I have read various theories of anarchism (including Chomsky), and never heard one of them suggest that public education needs to be defunded because it is a tool of state indoctrination.

Don’t get me wrong. I do believe that it *is* a tool of state indoctrination. But it beats not having any schooling or home schooling, the only alternatives. IMHO.

—ravi