[lbo-talk] Spanish promiscuity or German erectile dysfunction?

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Mon Apr 30 13:30:19 PDT 2012

> Or you could start a thread about something more in line with the charter
> of the list ... you know, be part of the solution rather than part of the
> problem?
>
> /jordan

I have a theory. At a guess most list members are reading and following threats at work, where they are just fucking off web surfing. That's what I used to do when I had a job.

More demanding topics tend to get dropped. Livingston's interview was another good one. I noted one thing belongs with the idea that redistribution should not follow labor's proported `value'. He said something to the effect that manufacturing jobs are not what we need. He was referring to the idea that we could revive our economy by investment in industrial production. In Livingstons assessment, that kind of investment was never coming back.

He is probably right about the latter. I am not convinced that we don't need manufacturing in some form or another. We certainly do need to make things. There is a (what I think is profound) social need and it is in my opinion part of learning and even intellectual need of the society.

Anyway...

CG