[lbo-talk] UK threatens to storm Ecuadorean Embassy, kidnap Assange

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:37:22 PDT 2012

Doug: "Actually, it may be rational for Assange to prefer the UK to Sweden:"

[WS:] But the premise of this argument seems moot, no? There have been no extradition requests from the US afaik, and the likelihood that one would be made during A's short stay in Sweden does not seem very high.

I am sympathetic to the idea of Wikileaks but let's face it - its impact is negligible. An intelligent reader can get most this stuff from the media coverage. I doubt that the evil US gummint has much to gain from snatching A from any EU country and bringing him to the US, especially that US courts seem to lack jurisdiction over this case. And what other options do they have, Guantanamo? Gimme a break. -- Wojtek