[lbo-talk] UK threatens to storm Ecuadorean Embassy, kidnap Assange

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Aug 16 11:41:28 PDT 2012

On Aug 16, 2012, at 2:37 PM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the premise of this argument seems moot, no? There have
> been no extradition requests from the US afaik, and the likelihood
> that one would be made during A's short stay in Sweden does not seem
> very high.

According to the leaked Stratfor emails, there's already a sealed indictment from some grand jury in Virginia. And, really, you know the U.S. wants him - either dead, or locked in a white soundproofed isolation cell for the rest of his life.

> I am sympathetic to the idea of Wikileaks but let's face it - its
> impact is negligible. An intelligent reader can get most this stuff
> from the media coverage.

I thought so at first, but it's had a major effect abroad.

Doug