[lbo-talk] UK threatens to storm Ecuadorean Embassy, kidnap Assange

John Wesley godisamethodist at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 11:49:17 PDT 2012

No, what we really need is another Phillip Agee, willing to release the really hard core classified stuff.   Unfortunately very few have the "cojones" that he did.

El pueblo armado jamas sera aplastado!

________________________________

From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:41 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] UK threatens to storm Ecuadorean Embassy, kidnap Assange

On Aug 16, 2012, at 2:37 PM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the premise of this argument seems moot, no?  There have
> been no extradition requests from the US afaik, and the likelihood
> that one would be made during A's short stay in Sweden does not seem
> very high.

According to the leaked Stratfor emails, there's already a sealed indictment from some grand jury in Virginia. And, really, you know the U.S. wants him - either dead, or locked in a white soundproofed isolation cell for the rest of his life.

> I am sympathetic to the idea of Wikileaks but let's face it - its
> impact is negligible.  An intelligent reader can get most this stuff
> from the media coverage.

I thought so at first, but it's had a major effect abroad.