[lbo-talk] UK threatens to storm Ecuadorean Embassy, kidnap Assange

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Aug 17 14:11:36 PDT 2012

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:25:29 -0400 // ravi <ravi at platosbeard.org> wrote:

> Everyone else, I think, would just find it puzzling, if not outright
> bizarre, to follow the reasoning of how the UK could
> “logically” (i.e., technically) protect Pinochet while assisting the
> transfer of Assange to Gitmo.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But it's really amazing how many people will nod sagely when you explain that X is OK while indistinguishable Y is not, because of some recherche legal point. Oh, that explains it, they'll say. In effect, the figleaf convinces them that there's nothing under it.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org

For my part, I abominate all honorable respectable toils, trials, and tribulations of every kind whatsoever.