[lbo-talk] UK threatens to storm Ecuadorean Embassy, kidnap Assange

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Aug 18 21:01:16 PDT 2012

On Aug 18, 2012, at 6:07 PM, Bill Bartlett wrote:

> Yes indeed, the Tweedledum/Tweedledee theory that words mean only
> what you want them to mean. But I don't get my philosophy from Alice
> In Wonderland.

The books are worth repeated readings and you'll find much philosophical truth in them. You'll also learn the difference between Alice (where Humpty-Dumpty's opinion about words is to be found) and Through the Looking-glass, where Tweedledum and Tweedledee agree to have their battle.

Shane Mage

"Sentence First, Verdict Afterwards!"