[lbo-talk] Back

magcomm magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 20 10:38:26 PDT 2012

Welcome back Andie. I certainly learned a great deal from you.

I am currently reading Iris Murdoch for no other reason than I bought a book of hers for $2 on the street, liked it, and so I am reading another. No knowledge of her philosophical works.

I am also going to see ROPE tonight at the IFC Center at 6th Avenue and Waverly Place. One of Hitchcock's greatest films and shows how daring Hollywood was in the brief period between the end of WWII and the imposition of the Eisenhower Straightjacket. ROPE is actually far less about Nietzsche and much more about murdering heteronormativity -- a term I first learned of LBO and have taken to film circles and aggravated cinephiles with for years now).

Brian