[lbo-talk] NYU looking for law/history aquisitions editor

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Aug 20 17:53:38 PDT 2012

FYI /Joanna ----------------------------------------

Hello all,

We are looking for an editor for law and history. The job was posted a couple of weeks ago, but I gather from some recent emails I've received that with summer vacations some folks just found out about it. The announcement is below, and contains the link to NYU Careers for formal applications. We'll keep it open for another week or so.

If you have any questions or recommendations, please drop me a note.

All my best for the last of summer!

Eric Zinner

_

Assistant Director and Editor-in-Chief New York University Press nyupress.org

blog | facebook | twitter

Acquisitions Editor, NYU Press

New York University Press seeks an editor to acquire in and build upon distinguished lists in Law and History. The candidate will select and evaluate projects to create a robust publishing program of scholarly and course books aimed at upper-division undergraduates and graduates, as well as trade books for general readership. The successful candidate will have a proven eye for impact scholarship and the ability to anticipate and drive changes in their fields of acquisition. Knowledge of the major changes and latest developments in digital scholarly communication is a necessity. The candidate will travel to 4-6 academic conferences per year, plus selected campus visits.

Requirements:

Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 3 years' relevant professional experience or equivalent combination in acquisitions. 5+ years experience in publishing preferred. Candidate must have experience negotiating contracts, developing and acquiring proposals and manuscripts, and preparing budget projections. Demonstrable track record of excellence in scholarly, professional, or trade list building required.

Application and resume must include a cover letter that reflects how your experience fits the position description.

NYU offers a competitive salary and superior benefit package, which includes tuition benefits for self and eligible family members, generous vacation, medical, dental, and retirement plans. For more information about working at NYU and to apply for this position online, visit our website at: www.nyucareers.com , posting number 20093867. NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

NYU Press is conveniently located in the heart of the Village, one block south of Union Square.