[lbo-talk] Mark Ames on Pussy Riot

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 07:46:34 PDT 2012

Ken: "the U.S. has recently decided to send more armaments"

[WS:] This is the answer to your question.

I also think this has something to do with celebrity involvement - if Madonna et al. spoke for the Bahrain activist, it would likely get more media attention.

But in my view the main factor is to what degree a country is perceived as a threat to the US dominated world order and values - Russia, Iran and China are bound to get more rap for real or perceived human rights violations than Bahrain and other US client states or states that may not be US clients but do not pose any threat to Pax Americana either.

Keep it in mind, however, that the fact that the US and its stooges are shedding crocodile tears over human rights abuses elsewhere does not mean that the said abuses are not real.

-- Wojtek