[lbo-talk] Cloud computing sucks

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 22 07:49:31 PDT 2012

On Aug 22, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I heard other people complaining about it, in addition to the usual
> rant about privacy concerns, especially about Google. Do others on
> this list have similar experiences?

Depends on what you mean. I like syncing my contacts and calendar across computers and iPhone via iCloud (and I'm iSick of all these iThings). And Dropbox works fine for me - a 30k doc should sync in seconds, not 20 minutes. Something's wrong there. But the idea of uploading gigs of data at current transmission speeds seems wacky.

Doug