[lbo-talk] Cloud computing sucks

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:28:30 PDT 2012

Doug: "And Dropbox works fine for me - a 30k doc should sync in seconds, not 20 minutes. Something's wrong there"

[WS:] Probably their server is down or has very heavy traffic. I just read the news that a train derailment near Baltimore strangely caused some communications disruptions.

But that further proves the point I made earlier - that this is replacing a more reliable method with a less reliable one (and more costly if you factor in the cost of data transfer). This seems to be the standard modus operandi of the US business - push for the most expensive and least reliable solution and kill more reliable and efficient alternatives. Maximize the transaction cost, screw the efficiency. Transportation, health care, and the electoral system come to mind.

-- Wojtek