[lbo-talk] Cloud computing sucks

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 22 08:34:00 PDT 2012

On Aug 22, 2012, at 11:28 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But that further proves the point I made earlier - that this is
> replacing a more reliable method with a less reliable one (and more
> costly if you factor in the cost of data transfer). This seems to be
> the standard modus operandi of the US business - push for the most
> expensive and least reliable solution and kill more reliable and
> efficient alternatives. Maximize the transaction cost, screw the
> efficiency. Transportation, health care, and the electoral system
> come to mind.

Man, you're a sourpuss. The "cloud" can be useful if you've got a bunch of different devices you want to share information on. Sure, there are some things a USB thumb drive is better for. But when I enter a contact on my iPhone and it shows up on this computer in seconds, I think that's pretty nice.

Doug