[lbo-talk] A PR disaster: Five views on Pussy Riot's war

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Aug 23 10:42:05 PDT 2012

> I'm not making law.

No, but you're presenting a model for law.

Doug writes:

"I don't like hate crimes laws ... I hope that someone kicks the shit out of him or her"

So you're saying that you'd personally like to squelch the speech, but realize your only recourse is violence.

(BTW, I think you mean you don't like "hate speech" laws, at least based on the example you gave; "hate crimes" are existing laws that are enhanced by the targeting, whereas "hate speech" laws criminalize the speech itself)

/jordan