[lbo-talk] Can someone identify these riots?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 23:55:44 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> despite the excellent images and composition -I love the parody of
> police, wall street and the monkey execs counting money, new orleans
> looting and 1950s nuclear scare (there´s some images from vietnam war
> era protests too- all giving the feeling of impending armageddon and
> despair, superbly assembled
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqlkNk3OYJg

OK, I´ve been able to find more. Hopefully I´ll find more about the stock footage from the director himself. Turns out it´s a job of Scott Lyon with digital processing by Dan Sollis of digitaldistortion.net ...

--- Kasabian “Reason is Treason” Dir. Scott Lyon, 2004

It’s a music video. Made out of lots of stock footage. The twist, however, is that most of the shots have been digitally manipulated in some way to subvert the meaning of the original. So Molotov Cocktails become teddy bears, and flick knives become feathers.(...)

All compositing was done in After Effects 6. Production company: Factory Films ---

so, sorry for the noise. now we return to this list´s regular scheduled programming...

FWIW... FC