[lbo-talk] Graeber by Beggs

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Aug 31 07:53:07 PDT 2012

> Question about "privacy" on the list:
>
> Is it ok or not to put a link on the web to a
> mail in the archive ?

The archives are public.

> I'm asking in this thread because I want to link to Wojtek reply
> below the link to Beggs' critique on "my" FB page.

One issue you'll run into is that the normal links break at the end of the year, because there's too much volume to make the archives "monthly" while people are actively reading them; on or around Jan 1 each year we re-index the previous year to monthly.

If you don't mind a little redirection, what you can do is go find the article in the archives, click "view source" and find the meta item at the top of the document called "unixdate" ... using an example like this:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20120827/005904.html

You'll see this:

<META NAME="unixdate" CONTENT="01346051869">

so craft your link like this:

http://search.lbo-talk.org/search/swish.cgi?query=01346051869&metaname=unixdate

That link will work next year, and should always take you to the same article.

But sure: go ahead and link.

/jordan