[lbo-talk] Fun game on a slow newsday

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 16:38:03 PST 2012

Slow day. So it occurred to me to list the people in the news I simply will not let complete the second sentence no matter what station or story. More or less in order first to whenever I run out of memory.

Barack Obama

Benjamin Netanyahu (any official Israeli anything)

Hilary Clinton

Susan Rice

Leon Panetta

John Boehner (any Republican)

David Cameron

Most EU officials and their neoliberal babble

Mike Bloomberg (symbol of double talk assholes with money)

Just about any US commercial media source

Just about anything in a US military uniform, unless they are out and pissed

Most stories about Africa sad to say.

AJE tries to make the politics and economics intelligible but the stories usually fail. I never know who is who and what they represent, except their own personal wealth and power without even a semblance of larger scope.

Occasionally, somebody at AJE gets a good interview or documentary on Africa

What sub-Saharan Africa needs are a class of African intellectuals who can make sense of what is going on and explain it to the rest of the world. Other regions of the world seem to have plenty of this class and I get to understand the nature of the global battles through them. So why not Africa?

There are exceptions like China but more especially North Korea. If you are an expert on internal politics there is a high chance you don't live there anymore.

There are some people I will listen to or read through because they represent the purity and high refinement of absolute evil. Stanley McChrystal and Erik Prince can stand-in for several people I have forgotten.

CG