[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:22:03 PST 2012

Chuck G: "I am telling you Wojtek these kind of places are full of sickos."

[WS:] I hear you. This leads me to speculate about the kid's motive to go and kill a bunch of school children to which he had no connection. The kid, who is already alienated by his emotional disability finally revolts against his gun loving mother and the gun loving community of which she is a part in a reply, of a sort, of Lindsay Anderson's film "If" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If....

"At the end, in a surreal sequence, they discover a cache of automatic weapons, and revolt against the establishment. On Founders' Day, when parents are visiting the school, they start a fire under the hall, smoke out the parents, staff and boys, and open fire on them from a rooftop. Led by the visiting General who was giving the speech, the staff and boys break open the Combined Cadet Force armoury and fire back. The Headmaster tries to stop the firefight and calls for peace. Mick's girl, who is on the roof with them, produces a Webley Revolver from her belt and shoots the Headmaster through the forehead. The battle continues, and the camera closes in on Mick's face as he keeps firing, ending the film with a blackout and an echo of gunfire with the film's title "if...." emblazoned in red on the screen."

-- Wojtek