[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:50:59 PST 2012

The kid, who is already alienated by his emotional
> disability finally revolts against his gun loving mother and the gun
> loving community of which she is a part in a reply, of a sort, of
> Lindsay Anderson's film "If" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If....
>
> "At the end, in a surreal sequence, they discover a cache of automatic
> weapons, and revolt

That's a wrong read of the movie. The end was `symbolic'. But the revolt was something similar to the US student revolts against the broader society, its morays, and its pretentions as just and good.

I seriously doubt Lanzo's motives were anything like If. There was something else going on with him. We'll just have to wait and see.

CG