[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Dec 17 10:55:29 PST 2012

I poked around... Ames explanation doesn't make much sense in terms of the example of Columbine. Klebold and Harris weren't engaged in explosive rage.

Klebold was a pscyhopath who was unable to feel empathy. he was perfectly willing to lie, cheat, kill, and steal simply to get what he wanted - whatever it was. they have no sense of connection to other people. Harris was a depressive. Cullen says that mass murdering pairs have been psychopaths/depressives. (Harris, for instance, was along for the ride, and tried to stop events by telling other people about it, hoping to get caught before things went down)

Psychopaths engage in this sort of behavior - love loud, crazy, pulsating things like bombs, explosives, shoot em ups -- because it's a way to feel something, even if only temporarily.

Apparently, on the tapes they have of the shooters in the cafeteria, you see the two of them wandering around, stunned. students are cowering in fear under tables while the two of them, nothing having really worked the way they planned - none of the bombs went off -- were just sort of bummed. they could have kept on killing, but they didn't. they just looked around, emotionless, and then offed themselves. Cullen says that they probably were all amped up for the time of the lives, turned out to be a dud, and they were back to feeling lifeless, wooden, nothingness. So they offed themselves. They'd gotten what they could get out of shooting people, so they didn't shoot anyone else in the cafeteria once they realized their bombs hadn't gone off.

So, when it comes to columbine, the evidence doesn't seem to be of two kids who were enraged by the horror of life under capitalism Klebold was a kid who repeatedly expressed his belief that he was superior to everyone else on the planet, that no one deserved to breath oxygen, they were so dumb and inferior. Harris was a depressive.

I don't know enough about this latest scumbag to know what his issues were. But he was not employed, still in college. What little I have read suggests that he was very troubled kid.