[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Dec 17 11:16:25 PST 2012

shag writes:

> Psychopaths engage in this sort of behavior - love loud,
> crazy, pulsating things like bombs, explosives, shoot em ups
> -- because it's a way to feel something, even if only temporarily.

And yet they most often live their lives never once killing more than one person (themselves). I think more than half of what we call "school shootings" involve only two bodies: the target of the shooter's lifelong anger, and the shooter shortly after. A few of the instances involve "bystanders" ... but the kind of thing that happened last week, and in Columbine, is practically a unicorn: everyone writes books about them, but statistically they don't exist.

# "Unicorns: extinct ... or endangered?"

/jordan