[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Dec 17 12:06:55 PST 2012

Wojtek writes:

> Singular events have causes and those causes can be determined.

*shrug*

Some do; some don't. I don't think this one does. I've seen nothing to indicate that any of these handful of episodes have a theme or a root cause, or further, that finding it would be of use to the population in general (for instance by offering policy suggestions that might lead to ... well, I'm not sure what they would lead to). But I've seen a LOT of posturing about What It All Means, and most of it is done in ways that change our daily world for the worse.

To me, it's analogous to 9/11 -- what we got out of those who postulated What It Means is GWOT and having to get strip-searched to fly to Boston. Yay, team!

So please: continue on, but I think it's a waste of time.

/jordan