[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Dec 17 15:25:07 PST 2012

Marv Gandall writes:

> My sense is that most of this random aimless slaughter of
> the innocents is perpetrated by whites ...

Where's shag when someone needs to say "fuck me dead" ...?

> The link between US white racism and the widespread access to,
> and abuse of, gun ownership by troubled whites has not, to my
> knowledge, been the subject of much media commentary, inadvertently
> or otherwise.

That's because the link isn't there in the same way that, say, the widespread use and abuse of oxycontin is. There is no "widespread abuse" of guns in the US, among racist whites or any other category. If there was such a linkage, you would expect to see these kinds of events happening on a daily basis.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6043a4.htm?s_cid=mm6043a4_w

"The epidemic of prescription drug overdoses in the United States has worsened over the last decade, and by 2008, drug overdose deaths (36,450) were approaching the number of deaths from motor vehicle crashes (39,973), the leading cause of injury death in the United States."

> But I strongly suspect such a link ...

# "No other theory predicts this!"

/jordan