[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Dec 19 09:28:27 PST 2012

Wojtek writes:

> By sheer law of probability, if you greatly increase
> the number of firearms, the number of gun-related deaths
> or injuries is bound to increase, even in the absence of
> any other sociological factors.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: Switzerland & Canada.

You're so sure that more guns = more crime that you can't stand for a moment to consider whether there are other factors at play here -- much larger factors -- that make your foot-stamping irrelevant. You seem to refuse to even consider that your claim doesn't match up with the actual numbers involved. Surely you would dismiss the formulation that "more SUVs means more celebrity hit-and-runs with said SUVs" ... and yet, by the sheer law of probability ...

They say the definition of a fanatic is one who will change neither their mind nor the subject.

/jordan