[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 09:45:50 PST 2012

Jordan: "You're so sure that more guns = more crime"

[WS:] You said that, not me. I said more guns = more gun related deaths, everything else being equal. Switzerland is anything but equal to the US - so bringing it to the conversation is changing the subject or pulling wool over the eyes.

In any case, I think we stated our positions rather clearly. You seem to believe that the US has too onerous gun regulations, I believe that the US has not even started regulating them in any meaningful way. It makes little sense to try to reconcile them, since it does not matter as no meaningful changes in the status quo are likely to happen in our life time. It is like arguing over the number of angels on the head of a pin. A more fruitful approach is to respect the differences of opinion and consider this discussion closed.

Cheers,

-- Wojtek