[lbo-talk] Open Carry

Gauche1968 Gauche1968 at aol.com
Wed Dec 19 20:20:59 PST 2012

I was in New Orleans last week. I passed a chap walking down a street in the French Quarter with a gnarly looking handgun in a holster on his hip. He didn't appear to have any official law enforcement capacity. This was a day or two before Newtown. I just assumed that was legal since I was in the South.

Didn't the Black Panthers take advantage of California's then lenient open carry laws to ply their trade? Wasn't it Republican Governor Regan that signed off on emergency legislation to put an end to that, after they showed up at the state capitol toting shotguns?