[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 23 09:22:18 PST 2012

On 12/23/2012 5:48 AM, Marv Gandall wrote:

> In this case, as in others, there seems to be an unfortunate relationship between the absolute confidence of left-wing intellectuals, bordering on hubris, in the analyses and prescriptions they offer to working class communities and institutions, and their social and political distance from them.

And this applies only to Jordan? You've seemed absolutely confident yourself.

I find some of Jordan's arguments very convincing. At the very least, he problematizes what you assume is obvious.

I venture you've spent more time thinking about this talking to him than you would have otherwise. Maybe before you thought there was nothing to really think about, but it seems there is.