[lbo-talk] [Marxism-Thaxis] Have a happy and merry December 25

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 04:58:58 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:

> Today, as the world pauses on the birthday of one of history's greatest
> men, whose teachings continue to benefit the entire human race, let us
> join in toasting the memory of Sir Isaac Newton, and of all the giants on
> whose shoulders he stood.

CB:

"..Even though classical mechanics ( that of Galilei-Newton) does not supply us with a sufficiently broad basis for the theoretical presentation of all physical phenomena, still we must grant it a considerable measure of “truth,” since it supplies us with the actual motions of the heavenly bodies with a delicacy of detail little short of wonderful. " - Albert Einstein (1879–1955). Relativity: The Special and General Theory. 1920.

http://www.bartleby.com/173/5.html

V. The Principle of Relativity (In the Restricted Sense)