[lbo-talk] Happy B-day Chuck!

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 13:26:07 PST 2012

Happy Birthday CG!

Cheers, J

---------------------

Thanks, Jordan and the mysterious `lbo'. But it's also the list which has given me many hours of interesting things to think about and got me to read books I wouldn't have gotten around to. Well and members and their social registers clicking away on the keyboard around the US and elsewhere...

I had to google goodsam. It stands for Good Samaritan Hospital at the corner of W.6th and So. Lucas....just down the street from my favorite elementary school in deep yore. Amazing.

There are some good things about seventy which amount to lots of experiences to mull over good and bad. You get to see the concrete stuff of history. For example, what it was like to play war with rocks, one of which still marks my forehead with a little dent. I didn't want to think about beebee guns. Those things hurt like hell. I wanted one of course, but was denied. Another popular weapon of the era was a pellet rifle, even worse and even more strongly put down. Now what exactly could you shoot in downtown LA, except some other kid? Well there were a lot of pigeons I had my eye on.

Thankfully, there were sensible though chronically inebriated grown-ups around...

CG