[lbo-talk] FW: Banned/boxed books/Info on National Teach In

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:49:44 PST 2012

Gar Lipow quoting WS:

Another thought - if they can pass laws that amount to censorship of school curriculum, this means that a similar strategy can be used against the testing-industrial complex.

-------

Not at all. "They" can pass laws; we cannot pass laws. _Their_ laws are constitutional because the Court says so (whether it will in this instance is another matter, but also a future matter, irrelevant to the present.)

We can only oppose laws in the streets. I presume the national Teach-In announced is one part of the process of developing such opposition.

Carrol