[lbo-talk] conservatives vs. leftists

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:23:03 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I met
> a number of people with conservative ideas, which I found rather
> objectionable, but many of the people who expressed them were quite
> nice fellows - gregarious, polite, respectful, courteous, even
> helpful.

Well, they were polite to *you*, personally, but that could be because you look and sound like a well-educated European white guy with stable employment. If a brown-looking South Asian woman with a noticeable accent talked to the same folks, the outcome might've been very different.

Personally, I've seen no correlation between politics and persona. None. Zero. Some Lefties are jackasses, some aren't. Some Rightwingers are jackasses, some aren't.

-- DRR