[lbo-talk] State of the Occupations

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:59:14 PST 2012

Jordan Carroll: The occupations aren't as cohesive or well-attended as they were in the fall, despite fairly warm weather, a massive outpouring of support and the non-interference of the police after the pepper spray incident.* Am I correct in my assessment?

^^^^^ CB: Occupy Detroit is doing very well. It has reversed four bank foreclosures, helped organize many demonstrations, holds regular GA's. Much of it is on facebook. New people are still coming to meetings. The local monopoly media gives it good press. It has a large building to meet in free of rent. It is integrated well into existing left activist organizations. It was not to be expected that in the long run the meetings would remain as big as when in the park. There are lots of "regional" meetings with other Occupations. Ann Arbor, Lansing and other Michigan Occupations seem to be going well , too. Flint has started up. Very encouraging in Michigan. I'm a facebook friend with Occupy Mississippi. They r active.