[lbo-talk] Why do Russian and Chinese regimes support the most disgusting ones?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 06:35:24 PST 2012

[WS:] Good question. My wild guess is the ossification of their foreign policy apparatus, people stuck in fighting wars from 30 years ago (just as the US foreign policy is stuck in the 1960s on Cuba.) They are still fighting the Cold War, but they are running out of puppet regimes to support so they cling to whatever they have left.

Another possibility is that these are the only regimes working with them as client states - everyone else switched sides.

Any other ideas?

Wojtek