[lbo-talk] More on BB antics and their defenders

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Mon Feb 13 22:44:16 PST 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 6:52 AM, Tahir Wood wrote:

> This is cloud cuckoo thinking, if only because of the fact that a great many of the people involved and their supporters are not anti-capitalists. Take Lou Reed as a case in point.

How'd Lou get into this?

Doug

Well you tell me, seeing as you're on first name terms! Rockrap reported that a number of musicians had decided to draw up some kind of document supporting OWS. Lou Reed and Tom Morello were specifically named as the first signatories. Don't worry I'm a Lou Reed fan from very way back, although to a lesser extent nowadays. But he is notoriously anti-communist and I have difficulty seeing him as an anti-capitalist revolutionary of some kind (!) Tahir