[lbo-talk] More on BB antics and their defende...

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Mon Feb 13 22:56:57 PST 2012

From: "shag carpet bomb" <shag at cleandraws.com>

the debate is ALWAYS about who has the correct theory as to how to change power relations in society.

Ah, so it is that! But how can you have a theory of the future, that is my question? By looking at past events, e.g. 1789, 1848, 1917, 1968? If so, then how do you judge that these situations are the same as (or sufficiently similar to) today's ones? On the other hand, do you just imagine future scenarios and call that imagining your 'theory'.

I just don't think a 'how to do' manual is what theory is.

Tahir