[lbo-talk] School Debate: Central Focus

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Thu Feb 16 22:55:45 PST 2012

>>> <lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org> 2/16/2012 9:37 pm >>>
From: Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] School Debate: Central Focus

Running high on testosterone today? Wojtek

No, I just remembered what a parochial ghetto the American left is. I always forget that. The trouble with treating Americans as one's equal is that they actually take that as true. I asked Doug to unsub me but he told me do it yourself. Seeing as I don't take instructions very easily (and pretty much never from an American or an Israeli) I'm still waiting for him to do what I told him. In the meantime here are a few implications of Cox's ridiculous postulate: 1. It is trivial matter as to what you teach, evolution vs creationism, flat earth vs. modern cosmology etc. 2. Raising teacher's wages is revolutionary and therefore unions are; but unions are an integral aspect of capitalism, doesn't matter whether it's teaching or bricklaying you're talking about. 3. It doesn't matter whether schools are equipped, whether books are available, etc. and whether families can afford any of this. 4. It doesn't matter what qualifications teachers have. And so on and on. These are all trivial compared to the 'revolutionary postulate'. Total idiocy, myopic anti-intellectual shit and pronounced as if it were from an oracle. Got to run to a meeting. Much more invective later if I'm still around. Tahir