[lbo-talk] New look at Yom Kippur war

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:19:06 PST 2012

[WS:] Sounds too conspiratorial to me. To follow Shamir's own Sherlock Holmes logic: what was Sadat's motive? He could have gained far more from a decisive victory over Israel, which Shamir claims was within reach, than from whatever scraps the US threw him for the alleged compliance. This argument does not sound too convincing, especially that back in 1973 the current US hegemony seemed improbable.

Wojtek